Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And She's Back!!

Hey All,

Hope you had a wonderful X-mas. The Man and I went to his 'rents for the holiday and had a wonderful time!! I am one of the luck few that loves their (soon to be) in-laws, truly blessed.

Well now that I'm back there are no more excuses! Diet starts today!!! I did some research and decided on the Eating Well diet. I discovered it because it was listed as one of CNN's 10 healthiest diets http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/12/29/healthiest.diets/index.html but I liked it because of the menu and recipes. I love to cook and we're on the budget so anything that will only work if I buy their food wont work for me. It's also based on science and explains the theory behind everything that you're doing which I found both interesting and useful.

For more information on the EatingWell diet go to http://www.eatingwell.com/

Using their menu planning tool and recipies I creating a menu and shopping list for the week full of foods that actually sound appatizing and meet their recomendations for caloric intake and food balance.

Something I've never read before but I found really interesting and helpful is they recomend you think of your plate as pie chart where half of it should be veggies while a quarter should be grains and a quarter should be lean protien. Very simple and easy to remember as I planed my meals.

So here it goes: My plan is to post my weight food and exercise diary daily, post a picture once a week, and once a month update my goals.

Wish me luck!

January Goals:
exercise-walk 30 minutes everyday
diet-stick to the Eating Well diet
weight- lose 2lbs per week

Status 12/30/2008
Picture:

Weight: 159.2lbs

Food Diary:
Breakfast-slept through (oops)
Snack-grande nonfat carmel Macciato
Lunch-Cucumber and Black Eyed Pea Salad on a bed of Romane Lettuce (super yummy!!)
Snack:EatingWell Perfect Snack
Dinner-Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry with Marinated Carrots and Fresh Green Beans
Total: 837 calories

Note-this is a little low my goal is between 900 and 1000 calories per day to meet my goal of 2lbs per week though I also enjoy some oil popped popcorn while reading with my fiancee before bed which will bump this up as it is 55 calories per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment