Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just Your Average Evening In Fremont!

Just a little note.

Lately Seattle's been having a heat wave!! In fact today's high is supposed to be 92!!! <-- This is very rear in the middle of summer let alone in May. In Seattle May is not a summer month, May is usually, undeniably spring.

This however means that all of our homes, which are not equip with AC, especially in my cute Bohemian neighborhood full of "Vintage" homes (no joke add on craigslist said a home had "vintage charm" but that's for another post), are too hot to actually be in. As a result everyone is out enjoying the weather. Also another thing to note in Seattle this time of year the sun doesn't actually set until about 9:30 a night which is AWESOME!

Last night I am walking my dog in the very beautiful eveing at about 9pm around the block by my house. I encounter belly dancers practicing in full get up at the local elementary school. I also saw an adult kickball game (What?! really this exsists?! Where can I sign up?!) where one team was called "Ball Deep" and the other teams uniform was very elaberate costumes. The catcher was dressed up as Murcury and there was a guy in the infield wearing very small blue shorts but that's ok because he was PAINTED BLUE FROM HEAD TO TOE! It's wednesday. That crap's a pain to get off. You think thursday's are blue days at his work? Like causual Friday but with body paint??

I also get to walk by where they are making the solstice day parade floats. So cool!! If you live in Seattle I really encourage you to go to the Fremont Fair and Parade. The with local organic produce and street performers, "the weirder the better" encouraged to come in this funky little neighborhood it's always a blast. Plus the parade has naked people what more could you ask for??

Well that's all I got time for but an interesting walk no?

Back to the grind....

No comments:

Post a Comment